Capital: Nuuk (Godthab)
- Pray for Aglow groups to be established.
- Pray for Aglow leaders to be developed.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the nation of Greenland.
- Pray for an Aglow prayer group to be established in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1, 2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About Greenland
Background: Greenland, the world’s largest island, is about 80% ice-capped. Vikings reached the island in the 10th century from Iceland; Danish colonization began in the 18th century, and Greenland became an integral part of the Danish Realm in 1953. It joined the European Community (now the EU) with Denmark in 1973 but withdrew in 1985 over a dispute centered on stringent fishing quotas. Greenland remains a member of the Overseas Countries and Territories Association of the EU. Greenland was granted self-government in 1979 by the Danish parliament; the law went into effect the following year. Greenland voted in favor of increased self-rule in November 2008 and acquired greater responsibility for internal affairs when the Act on Greenland Self-Government was signed into law in June 2009. Denmark, however, continues to exercise control over several policy areas on behalf of Greenland, including foreign affairs, security, and financial policy in consultation with Greenland’s Self-Rule Government.
Government Type: parliamentary democracy (Parliament of Greenland or Inatsisartut)
Population: 57,799 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Greenlandic 89.5%, Danish 7.5%, other Nordic peoples 1.1%, and other 1.9% (2020 est.)
Languages: Greenlandic (West Greenlandic or Kalaallisut is the official language), Danish, English
Religions: Evangelical Lutheran, traditional Inuit spiritual beliefs
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Greenland