- Pray for protection of the people of Belgum, especially Brussels, as security officers search for people with connections to terrorist activities. Pray that those involved in wicked plots are exposed and arrested. Pray for the peace of God to rest upon the nation.
- Pray for the Aglow groups and leaders to be strengthened.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the nation of Belgium.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About Belgium
Background: Belgium became independent from the Netherlands in 1830; it was occupied by Germany during World Wars I and II. The country prospered in the past half century as a modern, technologically advanced European state and member of NATO and the EU. In recent years, political divisions between the Dutch-speaking Flemish of the north and the French-speaking Walloons of the south have led to constitutional amendments granting these regions formal recognition and autonomy. The capital city of Brussels is home to numerous international organizations including the EU and NATO.
Government Type: federal parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy
Population: 11,778,842 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Belgian 75.2%, Italian 4.1%, Moroccan 3.7%, French 2.4%, Turkish 2%, Dutch 2%, other 10.6% (2012 est.)
Languages: Dutch (official) 60%, French (official) 40%, German (official) less than 1%
Religions: Roman Catholic 50%, Protestant and other Christian 2.5%, Muslim 5%, Jewish 0.4%, Buddhist 0.3%, atheist 9.2%, none 32.6% (2009 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Belgium