Capital: special administrative region of China
March 26, 2017 – Pray for the Chief Executive Election
- Pray for a righteous leader who is able to bring truth, justice and harmony to the people of Hong Kong.
- May honor, wisdom and integrity be the hallmark of Hong Kong’s next Chief Executive and government administration.
- Declare God’s sovereignty, majesty and supremacy on election day so that no civil unrest or lawlessness arises.
- Ephesians 5:15-17
- China as a nation will continue to prosper in her calling to bring the gospel back to Jerusalem.
- Hong Kong belongs to the Kingdom of God and is a gateway to China economically, physically and spiritually. Lift up your heads, O gates, and be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in! – Psalm 24:7
Interesting Facts About China/Hong Kong
Background: Occupied by the UK in 1841, Hong Kong was formally ceded by China the following year; various adjacent lands were added later in the 19th century. Pursuant to an agreement signed by China and the UK on 19 December 1984, Hong Kong became the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) of the People’s Republic of China on 1 July 1997. In this agreement, China promised that, under its “one country, two systems” formula, China’s socialist economic system would not be imposed on Hong Kong and that Hong Kong would enjoy a high degree of autonomy in all matters except foreign and defense affairs for the next 50 years.
Government Type: limited democracy
Population: 7,082,316 (July 2013 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Chinese 93.6%, Filipino 1.9%, Indonesian 1.9%, other 2.6% (2011 census)
Languages: Cantonese (official) 89.5%, English (official) 3.5%, Putonghua (Mandarin) 1.4%, other Chinese dialects 4%, other 1.6% (2011 census)
Religions: eclectic mixture of local religions 90%, Christian 10%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about China Hong/Kong