- Pray for truth to be alive in the hearts and minds of the people in this nation. Pray that old religious or traditional mindsets that keep people in spiritual bondage are transformed by truth.
- Pray that North East Africa is cleansed of terrorism movements.
- Pray for leaders in Aglow Djibouti who are genuine anointed visionaries to carry the mission and vision of Aglow International.
- Pray for open doors for Aglow to be involved in community work.
- We proclaim that curses in the land are broken and blessing arises in the nation.
- We proclaim revival with God’s glory revealed through young people in the nation.
- We proclaim God’s Kingdom arising in Djibouti!
Interesting Facts About Djibouti
Unrest among the Afar minority during the 1990s led to a civil war that ended in 2001 with a peace accord between Afar rebels and the Somali Issa-dominated government. In 1999, Djibouti’s first multiparty presidential elections resulted in the election of Ismail Omar GUELLEH as president; he was reelected to a second term in 2005 and extended his tenure in office via a constitutional amendment, which allowed him to begin a third term in 2011.
Djibouti occupies a strategic geographic location at the intersection of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden and serves as an important shipping portal for goods entering and leaving the east African highlands and transshipments between Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
The government holds longstanding ties to France, which maintains a significant military presence in the country, and has strong ties with the United States. Djibouti hosts several thousand members of US armed services at US-run Camp Lemonnier.
Government Type: republic
Population: 792,198 (July 2013 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Somali 60%, Afar 35%, other 5% (includes French, Arab, Ethiopian, and Italian)
Languages: French (official), Arabic (official), Somali, Afar
Religions: Muslim 94%, Christian 6%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Djibouti