Capital: Papeete (located on Tahiti)
- We are praying for Aglow to be affiliated in every nation in the world. We are very close to reaching that goal. Let’s continue to move forward together, an army in the Spirit, to see Every nation touched, every heart changed.
- Pray that an Aglow Prayer Group will be established in the capital city.
- Pray for many to arise in Aglow International in French Polynesia.
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1, 2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About French Polynesia
Background: The French annexed various Polynesian island groups during the 19th century. In 1966, the French Government began testing nuclear weapons on the uninhabited Mururoa Atoll; following mounting opposition, the tests were moved underground in 1975. In September 1995, France stirred up widespread protests by resuming nuclear testing after a three-year moratorium. The tests were halted in January 1996. In recent years, French Polynesia’s autonomy has been considerably expanded.
Government Type: parliamentary democracy (Assembly of French Polynesia); an overseas collectivity of France
Population: 297,154 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Polynesian 78%, Chinese 12%, local French 6%, metropolitan French 4%
Languages: French (official) 70%, Polynesian (official) 28.2%, other 1.8% (2012 est.)
Religions: Protestant 54%, Roman Catholic 30%, other 10%, no religion 6%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about French Polynesia