Capital: Buenos Aires
- Pray for a refreshing move in and through Aglow in Argentina. Pray for growth and multiplication.
- Pray for a supernatural release of resources to extend the Kingdom.
- Pray that drug trafficking, domestic violence and street violence stop. Thank God for bringing corruption to light, and raising up godly, righteous leaders.
- Proclaim now is the time for fresh revival in Argentina.
- Proclaim the spiritual tide of Argentina is turning to draw hearts away from idols and unto God. God alone will turn this tide.
Interesting Facts About Argentina
Background: In 1816, the United Provinces of the Rio Plata declared their independence from Spain. After Bolivia, Paraguay, and Uruguay went their separate ways, the area that remained became Argentina. The country’s population and culture were heavily shaped by immigrants from throughout Europe, with Italy and Spain providing the largest percentage of newcomers from 1860 to 1930. Up until about the mid-20th century, much of Argentina’s history was dominated by periods of internal political unrest and conflict between civilian and military factions.
After World War II, an era of Peronist populism and direct and indirect military interference in subsequent governments was followed by a military junta that took power in 1976. Democracy returned in 1983 after a failed bid to seize the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) by force, and has persisted despite numerous challenges, the most formidable of which was a severe economic crisis in 2001-02 that led to violent public protests and the successive resignations of several presidents. The years 2003-15 saw Peronist rule by Nestor and Cristina FERNANDEZ de KIRCHNER, whose policies isolated Argentina and caused economic stagnation. With the election of Mauricio MACRI in November 2015, Argentina began a period of reform and international reintegration.
Government Type: presidential republic
Population: 45,864,941 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: European (mostly Spanish and Italian descent) and Mestizo (mixed European and Amerindian ancestry) 97.2%, Amerindian 2.4%, African 0.4% (2010 est.)
Languages: Spanish (official), Italian, English, German, French, indigenous (Mapudungun, Quechua)
Religions: nominally Roman Catholic 92% (less than 20% practicing), Protestant 2%, Jewish 2%, other 4%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Argentina