Aglow Leader: Jeannette Ward
Aglow New Zealand National Board President
- Pray for the Aglow groups and leaders to be strengthened.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the nation of Samoa.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About Samoa
New Zealand occupied the German protectorate of Western Samoa at the outbreak of World War I in 1914. It continued to administer the islands as a mandate and then as a trust territory until 1962, when the islands became the first Polynesian nation to reestablish independence in the 20th century. The country dropped the “Western” from its name in 1997.
In the late 2000s, Samoa began making efforts to more closely align with Australia and New Zealand. In 2009, Samoa changed its driving orientation to the left side of the road, in line with other Commonwealth countries. In 2011, Samoa jumped forward one day – skipping December 30 – by moving to the west of the International Date Line so that it was one hour ahead of New Zealand and three hours ahead of the east coast of Australia, rather than 23 and 21 hours behind, respectively.
Government Type: parliamentary republic
Population: 204,898 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Samoan 96%, Samoan/New Zealander 2%, other 1.9% (2011 est.)
Languages: Samoan (Polynesian) (official), English
Religions: Samoan (Polynesian) (official) 91.1%, Somoan/English 6.7%, English (official) 0.5%, other 0.2%, unspecified 1.6% (2006 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Samoa
I heard from very reliable sources: God used a 20+ year old daughter of a Pastor (Congregational Christian Church affiliation), during Easter, this year 2016, and spoke to the Nation of Samoa to “repent & come to Him, to seek reconciliation, ONLY THROUGH JESUS CHRIST. As she spoke to the people and the media, blood dripped on her forehead, left & right palms & her side, left & right feet, (corresponding with exactly the same spots where Jesus was physically wounded, as He was on the Cross. Yeah. Today, Subday, 24th April, 2016, the Weatherman said, a hurricane starts blowing today. We are praying, that our almighty God, who’s BIGGER thank any natural phenomena, will re-direct those strong winds to the pit. You may Stand-in-the-Gap with us Sister, for this Nation of Samoa. They are included in Graham Cooke’s Nov 2014 Prophetic Word for NZ (during Aglow International New Zealand 40th Birthday Conference).
Hello. I wish to know more about the move of God in Western Samoa. What is He saying, the direction He is taking the people in and what are their needs in prayer. I feel a wave of intercession building for the country, and want to pray effectively in unity with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Love and blessings from Jacqueline Taylor, Aglow Bunbury, Western Australia