- People in Nicaragua are being massacred in civil unrest as people are protesting government corruption. Declare God’s intervention to crush this chaos, release peace and reform and protection of the people of Nicaragua.
- Pray for a grace, justice and a spirit of repentance in Nicaragua.O Lord, our Righteousness! You who stretches out the heavens, which covers the earth and forms the spirit of man within him. Come, and be satisfied. Pour out upon the Nicaraguans Your grace and a spirit of prayer to invoke Your Holy Name. We, the Nicaraguan people, pray that You would forgive our sins and rescue us from our futile ways which we have inherited. Today, we turn from the vanity of ritualistic religion, and we turn towards real life in God.Will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night and will He delay long over them? I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. – Luke 18:7-8
- Pray for Aglow leaders in Nicaragua. Pray for them to grow in intimate relationship wit God and meditation in His Word. Pray they grow stronger in their proclamation of the Word of God.
- Pray for a Kingdom mindset in Nicaragua Aglow.
- We proclaim God’s will be done in Nicaragua as it is in heaven.
- Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land [Nicaragua] be born in one day? Can a nation [Nicaragua] be brought forth all at once? As soon as Zion [Nicaragua] travailed, she also brought forth her sons. “Shall I bring to the point of birth and not give delivery?” says the Lord. Or shall I who gives delivery shut the womb?” says your God. Isaiah 66:8-9Proclaim an acceleration of the fulfillment of God’s Word that many spiritual children will come forth in Nicaragua. We decree a blessed and powerful generation in Nicaragua that worships God in spirit and in truth.
- We proclaim God’s Kingdom is established in Nicaragua and darkness is expelled in the Name of Jesus. Amen!
Interesting Facts About Nicaragua
Background: The Pacific coast of Nicaragua was settled as a Spanish colony from Panama in the early 16th century. Independence from Spain was declared in 1821 and the country became an independent republic in 1838. Britain occupied the Caribbean Coast in the first half of the 19th century, but gradually ceded control of the region in subsequent decades. Violent opposition to governmental manipulation and corruption spread to all classes by 1978 and resulted in a short-lived civil war that brought a civic-military coalition, spearheaded by the Marxist Sandinista guerrillas led by Daniel ORTEGA Saavedra to power in 1979. Nicaraguan aid to leftist rebels in El Salvador prompted the US to sponsor anti-Sandinista contra guerrillas through much of the 1980s.
After losing free and fair elections in 1990, 1996, and 2001, former Sandinista President Daniel ORTEGA was elected president in 2006, 2011, and most recently in 2016. Municipal, regional, and national-level elections since 2008 have been marred by widespread irregularities. Democratic institutions have weakened under the ORTEGA administration as the president has garnered full control over all branches of government, especially after cracking down on a nationwide anti-government protest movement in 2018.
Government Type: presidential republic
Population: 6,243,931 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Mestizo (mixed Amerindian and White) 69%, White 17%, Black 9%, Amerindian 5%
Languages: Spanish (official) 95.3%, Miskito 2.2%, Mestizo of the Caribbean coast 2%, other 0.5% (2005 est.)
Religions: Roman Catholic 50%, Evangelical 33.2%, other 2.9%, unspecified 13.2%, none 0.7% (2017 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Nicaragua