Aglow Leader: Merja Lyytikka
National Board President
- Pray for Finland’s Peace Negotiations with Russia and many other nations to resolve the crisis of wars.
- Pray for the fundamental rights of religion and freedom of speech to be retained in Finland.
- Pray that Aglow Finland brings hope, fresh revelation, and vision as the good news of the gospel is shared with the Finnish people.
- Pray Aglow Finland brings liberty to those who are bound by fears that are rooted in former difficult times.
- Pray for signs, wonders and miracles to follow as the word of God is proclaimed at Aglow events.
We declare that revival and praise rise over Finland! Revival fand awakening will spread from Finland to other countries as well.
Interesting Facts About Finland
Background: Finland was a province and then a grand duchy under Sweden from the 12th to the 19th centuries, and an autonomous grand duchy of Russia after 1809. It gained complete independence in 1917. During World War II, Finland successfully defended its independence through cooperation with Germany and resisted subsequent invasions by the Soviet Union – albeit with some loss of territory. In the subsequent half century, Finland transformed from a farm/forest economy to a diversified modern industrial economy; per capita income is among the highest in Western Europe.
A member of the EU since 1995, Finland was the only Nordic state to join the euro single currency at its initiation in January 1999. In the 21st century, the key features of Finland’s modern welfare state are high quality education, promotion of equality, and a national social welfare system – currently challenged by an aging population and the fluctuations of an export-driven economy.
Government Type: parliamentary republic
Population: 5,587,442 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Finn, Swede, Russian, Estonian, Romani, Sami
Languages: Finnish (official) 87.6%, Swedish (official) 5.2%, Russian 1.4%, other 5.8% (2018 est.)
Religions: Lutheran 69.8%, Greek Orthodox 1.1%, other 1.7%, unspecified 27.4% (2018 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Finland