Capital: Hagatna (Agana)
- Pray for Aglow groups to be established.
- Pray for Aglow leaders to be developed.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the nation of Guam.
- Pray for an Aglow prayer group to be established in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About Guam
Background: Spain ceded Guam to the US in 1898. Captured by the Japanese in 1941, it was retaken by the US three years later. The military installations on the island are some of the most strategically important US bases in the Pacific; they also constitute the island’s most important source of income and economic stability.
Government Type: republican form of government with separate executive, legislative, and judicial branches; unincorporated organized territory of the US with local self-government
Population: 168,801 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Chamorro 37.3%, Filipino 26.3%, White 7.1%, Chuukese 7%, Korean 2.2%, other Pacific Islander 2%, other Asian 2%, Chinese 1.6%, Palauan 1.6%, Japanese 1.5%, Pohnpeian 1.4%, mixed 9.4%, other 0.6% (2010 est.)
Languages: English 43.6%, Filipino 21.2%, Chamorro 17.8%, other Pacific island languages 10%, Asian languages 6.3%, other 1.1% (2010 est.)
Religions: Roman Catholic 85%, other 15% (1999 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Guam