Aglow Leader: Inger Porsen
National Board President
- Pray for the Aglow groups and leaders to be strengthened.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the nation of Denmark.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About the Denmark
Background: Once the seat of Viking raiders and later a major north European power, Denmark has evolved into a modern, prosperous nation that is participating in the general political and economic integration of Europe. It joined NATO in 1949 and the EEC (now the EU) in 1973. However, the country has opted out of certain elements of the EU’s Maastricht Treaty, including the European Economic and Monetary Union, European defense cooperation, and issues concerning certain justice and home affairs.
Government Type: parliamentary constitutional monarchy
Population: 5,894,687 (July 2021 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Danish (includes Greenlandic (who are predominantly Inuit) and Faroese) 86.3%, Turkish 1.1%, other 12.6% (largest groups are Polish, Syrian, German, Iraqi, and Romanian) (2018 est.)
Languages: Danish, Faroese, Greenlandic (an Inuit dialect), German (small minority)
Religions: Evangelical Lutheran (official) 74.7%, Muslim 5.5%, other/none/unspecified (denominations of less than 1% each in descending order of size include Roman Catholic, Jehovah’s Witness, Serbian Orthodox Christian, Jewish, Baptist, Buddhist, Mormon, Pentecostal, and nondenominational Christian) 19.8% (2019 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Denmark
Many Syrian fugitives cross the Danish borders daily now. We are a small country. I asked God: “How can we deal with this?” He reminded me of Isaiah 19:24-25 “In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a Blessing in the midst of the land: whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the Work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.”
I felt God saying to me that the syrians seeking asylum in Denmark are to be educated here and learn about our ways until a remnant will return to their own nation.
Pray that Danes will have good contact with the syrian refugees, and that many will accept Jesus. And that God will let the exact right number of asylum seakers be accepted to Denmark, no more, no less.