- Our prayer is for God to raise committed and dedicated men and women to lift the mantle and restore and revive the Aglow ministry in Gambia.
- We also need prayer for financial partners to join with us for trips from the National Director.
- We ask for prayers for God’s divine provision for funds for an upcoming outreach to revive Aglow in The Gambia.
- We proclaim His kingdom to arise to recover and restore the Aglow ministry in the Gambia.
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About The Gambia
Background: The Gambia gained its independence from the UK in 1965. Geographically surrounded by Senegal, it formed a short-lived federation of Senegambia between 1982 and 1989. In 1991 the two nations signed a friendship and cooperation treaty, but tensions have flared up intermittently since then. Yahya JAMMEH led a military coup in 1994 that overthrew the president and banned political activity. A new constitution and presidential elections in 1996, followed by parliamentary balloting in 1997, completed a nominal return to civilian rule. JAMMEH has been elected president in all subsequent elections including most recently in late 2011.
Government Type: republic
Population: 1,883,051 (July 2013 est.)
Ethnic Groups: African 99% (Mandinka 42%, Fula 18%, Wolof 16%, Jola 10%, Serahuli 9%, other 4%), non-African 1% (2003 census)
Languages: English (official), Mandinka, Wolof, Fula, other indigenous vernaculars
Religions: Muslim 90%, Christian 8%, indigenous beliefs 2%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about The Gambia