- Aglow in this nation is gradually arising. The leader is a GameChanger with a heart for spiritual growth in the nation.
- Pray for the equipping and training of more leaders as the ministry in Cape Verde grows.
- Pray for daily renewal among Christians in Cape Verde.
- We proclaim that God is greater than all our needs!
- Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord! Psalm 33:12
- We decree the kingdom of God to arise among the youth that Aglow will increase and be vibrant in the Nation.
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About Cape Verde (Cabo Verde)
Background: The uninhabited islands were discovered and colonized by the Portuguese in the 15th century; Cabo Verde subsequently became a trading center for African slaves and later an important coaling and resupply stop for whaling and transatlantic shipping.
Following independence in 1975, and a tentative interest in unification with Guinea-Bissau, a one-party system was established and maintained until multi-party elections were held in 1990.
Cabo Verde continues to exhibit one of Africa’s most stable democratic governments. Repeated droughts during the second half of the 20th century caused significant hardship and prompted heavy emigration. As a result, Cabo Verde’s expatriate population is greater than its domestic one. Most Cabo Verdeans have both African and Portuguese antecedents.
Government Type: republic
Population: 531,046 (July 2013 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Creole (mulatto) 71%, African 28%, European 1%
Languages: Portuguese (official), Crioulo (a blend of Portuguese and West African words)
Religions: Roman Catholic (infused with indigenous beliefs), Protestant (mostly Church of the Nazarene)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Cape Verde