The world is acknowledging the truth that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel! The USA and Guatemala have moved their embassies from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This is cause for great celebration! We pray that the glory of the celebration in the atmosphere thwarts the protests launched around the borders of Israel and in other strategic cities in the world. We also pray that other nations will follow by moving their embassies to Jerusalem as well.
The move of these embassies is a great manifestation of answered prayer. We have declared that the governments of earth would align with the Kingdom of Heaven. In Heaven, Jerusalem has always been recognized as the capital of Israel. Now, the governments of earth are also acknowledging this truth. This marks a historic shift and releases a governmental precedence from Heaven for Kingdom influence in the affairs of earth. So, rejoice and continue to declare, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven”!
- Israeli Defense Force units and civil defense organizations stationed near the Gaza Strip are on high alert following an barrage of 45 rockets fired at Israeli communities from inside the Strip. The IDF launched strikes on Hamas targets in response.
- Declare Psalm 121 over Israel: I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip— He who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm— He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
- Pray for a wall of protection on the northern border of Israel.
- Pray for protection of the soldiers of the IDF (Israeli Defense Force)
- Pray for the Lord to uncover every plan, scheme, and strategy meant to harm Israel. Matthew 10:26 Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed and hidden that will not be known.
- Pray for continued protection for all believers in the land: Christian, Jewish and Arab.
- Pray for wisdom, strength and courage for Prime Minister Netanyahu.
- Pray for continued spiritual growth and unity in the body of Messiah in the land.
- Decree that Jerusalem is the eternal capital of Israel!
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they that love thee shall prosper. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions’ sakes, I will say now, peace be within thee. For the sake of the House of the Lord our God I will seek thy good. Psalm 122
- Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:4
Interesting Facts About Israel
Subsequently, the Israelis defeated the Arabs in a series of wars without ending the deep tensions between the two sides. (The territories Israel occupied since the 1967 war are not included in the Israel country profile, unless otherwise noted.)
On 25 April 1982, Israel withdrew from the Sinai pursuant to the 1979 Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty. In keeping with the framework established at the Madrid Conference in October 1991, bilateral negotiations were conducted between Israel and Palestinian representatives and Syria to achieve a permanent settlement.
Israel and Palestinian officials signed on 13 September 1993 a Declaration of Principles (also known as the “Oslo Accords”) guiding an interim period of Palestinian self-rule. Outstanding territorial and other disputes with Jordan were resolved in the 26 October 1994 Israel-Jordan Treaty of Peace. Progress toward a permanent status agreement was undermined by Israeli-Palestinian violence between September 2003 and February 2005. Israel in 2005 unilaterally disengaged from the Gaza Strip, evacuating settlers and its military while retaining control over most points of entry into the Gaza Strip.
The election of HAMAS to head the Palestinian Legislative Council in 2006 froze relations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA). In 2006 Israel engaged in a 34-day conflict with Hizballah in Lebanon in June-August 2006 and a 23-day conflict with HAMAS in the Gaza Strip during December 2008 and January 2009. Prime Minister Binyamin NETANYAHU formed a coalition in March 2009 following a February 2009 general election. Direct talks with the PA launched in September 2010 collapsed following the expiration of Israel’s 10-month partial settlement construction moratorium in the West Bank.
Government Type: parliamentary democracy
Population: 7,707,042 (July 2013 est.)
Note: approximately 341,400 Israeli settlers live in the West Bank (2012); approximately 18,900 Israeli settlers live in the Golan Heights (2012); approximately 196,400 Israeli settlers live in East Jerusalem (2011)
Ethnic Groups: Jewish 75.1% (of which Israel-born 73.6%, Europe/America/Oceania-born 17.9%, Africa-born 5.2%, Asia-born 3.2%), non-Jewish 24.9% (mostly Arab) (2012)
Languages: Hebrew (official), Arabic (used officially for Arab minority), English (most commonly used foreign language)
Religions: Jewish 75.1%, Muslim 17.4%, Christian 2%, Druze 1.6%, other 3.9% (2012 est.)
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Israel