The beautiful nation of Venezuela has been in crisis for several years. A once thriving economy has plummeted. There is chaos in the government. Declining conditions and lack of daily resources have left the people suffering. At times, humanitarian aid is withheld. It is time for this to turn around by the Hand of God.
Pray and Proclaim:
- Proclaim that God is releasing a deep celebration intercession through Aglow Venezuela that has the power to shift the government from the shoulders of man to the shoulders of God. It will shift Venezuela into an alignment that brings blessing to the people.
- Isaiah 7:11 Ask a sign for yourself from the Lord you God; ask it either in the depth or in the height above. It is time to ask big for Venezuela. God will answer big to break the curse off the land and open the door to His unlimited goodness.
- Declare a breakthrough for humanitarian aid resources to get to the people to ease their suffering and need.
- Decree political and economic breakthrough for Venezuela. Do not allow civil conflict to divide the people any further. Heal the land, Lord. Restore the wealth and redeem the people of Venezuela.
- As political and economic breakthrough comes, declare spiritual breakthrough. Lord, break the chains of oppression and spiritual blindness. Bring an unprecedented harvest of souls to Your Kingdom. Display Your glory through the nation.
- God bless Venezuela!)
Interesting Facts About Venezuela
For most of the first half of the 20th century, Venezuela was ruled by generally benevolent military strongmen, who promoted the oil industry and allowed for some social reforms. Democratically elected governments have held sway since 1959.
Hugo CHAVEZ, president from 1999 to 2013, sought to implement his “21st Century Socialism,” which purported to alleviate social ills while at the same time attacking capitalist globalization and existing democratic institutions.
Current concerns include: a weakening of democratic institutions, political polarization, a politicized military, rampant violent crime, overdependence on the petroleum industry with its price fluctuations, and irresponsible mining operations that are endangering the rain forest and indigenous peoples.
Government Type: federal republic
Population: 28,459,085 (July 2013 est.)
Ethnic Groups: Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Arab, German, African, indigenous people
Languages: Spanish (official), numerous indigenous dialects
Religions: nominally Roman Catholic 96%, Protestant 2%, other 2%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Venezuela