- Pray for the Aglow groups and leaders to be strengthened.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the nation of Greece.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Selah Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About Greece
Background: Greece achieved independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1830. During the second half of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th century, it gradually added neighboring islands and territories, most with Greek-speaking populations.
In World War II, Greece was first invaded by Italy (1940) and subsequently occupied by Germany (1941-44); fighting endured in a protracted civil war between supporters of the king and other anti-communist and communist rebels. Following the latter’s defeat in 1949, Greece joined NATO in 1952. In 1967, a group of military officers seized power, establishing a military dictatorship that suspended many political liberties and forced the king to flee the country. In 1974, democratic elections and a referendum created a parliamentary republic and abolished the monarchy. In 1981, Greece joined the EC (now the EU); it became the 12th member of the European Economic and Monetary Union in 2001.
In 2010, the prospect of a Greek default on its euro-denominated debt created severe strains within the EMU and raised the question of whether a member country might voluntarily leave the common currency or be removed.
Government Type: parliamentary republic
Population: 10,772,967 (July 2013 est.)
Ethnic Groups: population: Greek 93%, other (foreign citizens) 7% (2001 census)
Note: percents represent citizenship, since Greece does not collect data on ethnicity
Languages: Greek (official) 99%, other (includes English and French) 1%
Religions: Greek Orthodox (official) 98%, Muslim 1.3%, other 0.7%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Greece