- Pray for the Aglow groups and leaders to be strengthened.
- Pray for all the resources and creativity needed to fulfill the intentions of God in the state of West Virginia.
- Pray for the Aglow prayer group in the Capital city.
- Pray for godly government leaders. Blessed is the nation whose God is The Lord, the people whom He has chosen for His own inheritance. Psalm 33:12
- Arise, shine; for your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the LORD will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. Isaiah 60:1,2 (NKJV)
- Lift up your heads, O you gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is he King of glory. Psalm 24:9-10 (NKJV)
Interesting Facts About West Virginia
Motto: Montani Semper Liberi
(Mountaineers Are Always Free)
State Information: In 1861, Virginians in the northwestern part of the state defied Virginia’s secession from the United States. The region chose to remain in the Union and form a new state. West Virginia was admitted into the Union in 1863, after conditions requiring the gradual emancipation of slaves had been met. The state motto is “Mountaineers are always free,” and West Virginia lives up to its nickname of the “Mountain State.” With an average altitude of 1,500 feet above sea level, it’s the highest of any state east of the Mississippi River. For a long time, West Virginia was a leading producer of coal in North America, but many people left to pursue better employment opportunities. That trend has turned around, and now the state’s economy is in a more stable condition. The capital is Charleston, and the state flower is the big rhododendron.
Interesting Facts information from the following websites:
Congressperson e-mail: http://bensguide.gpo.gov/3-5/state/
State Information: http://www.americaslibrary.gov/es/index.php