- Pray that violence and corruption cease in Honduras.
- Pray for employment so that the people of this nation do not need to look for work outside the country.
- Pray for strong families built on godly principles.
- Pray for many people to have a genuine personal experience with Jesus.
- We proclaim that Honduras is a beautiful country of peaceful, honest people.
- We proclaim blessing upon all Hondurans that they may see and know God’s big, strong hand of love and mercy.
Interesting Facts About Honduras
Background: Once part of Spain’s vast empire in the New World, Honduras became an independent nation in 1821. After two and a half decades of mostly military rule, a freely elected civilian government came to power in 1982. During the 1980s, Honduras proved a haven for anti-Sandinista contras fighting the Marxist Nicaraguan Government and an ally to Salvadoran Government forces fighting leftist guerrillas.
The country was devastated by Hurricane Mitch in 1998, which killed about 5,600 people and caused approximately $2 billion in damage. Since then, the economy has slowly rebounded.
Government Type: democratic constitutional republic
Population: 8,448,465 (July 2013 est.)
Note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality, higher death rates, lower population growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected
Ethnic Groups: mestizo (mixed Amerindian and European) 90%, Amerindian 7%, black 2%, white 1%
Languages: Spanish (official), Amerindian dialects
Religions: Roman Catholic 97%, Protestant 3%
Interesting Facts information from the cia.gov website. Read more about Honduras